"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." -Nelson Mandela
Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Moving out of the hotel...

Our three day orientation is coming to a close today.  We've had language interviews and a bunch of overview-type trainings to get us ready to move out to our training towns.  Right now, two different project groups are all together (Environment and TEFL), but starting this afternoon, we're going to be split up.  Each group is going to a different area, and each language class of 3-5 people within that group is going to be living, working, and taking Spanish class in a separate town.

I tested at Advanced Spanish level, which was a relief for me.  I don't know exactly which level I am within advanced, but I'm glad that I was able to test close to where I was in January when I left Honduras.  I'm going to be in a town with 3 other girls, two of which are native speakers.  This is a little intimidating for me, but I know it will push me to learn even more Spanish and practice all the time.  So, today we move away from the hotel and training center and in with a host family.  I'll be in the town Niquinohomo, which is the birthplace of Sandino.  I couldn't tell you much about Nicaraguan history, but I know he was an important figure in its history, so if you want to look it up, it's probably pretty interesting.  Maybe I'll do a future post about some history stuff.

Miss you all, and I hope I can find some kind of internet access in my training site to keep in touch!

Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment