"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." -Nelson Mandela
Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Less than a month away!

I'm leaving in less than a month, and I can't believe it!  I've been feeling a little stressed because subbing has kept me busy for the past few weeks, and I haven't been doing much to prepare.  However, there are only 2 1/2 days left of school (thank goodness!), so I'll be having a lot more free time soon.  So far I've bought some clothes, signed the forms to give my mom power of attorney over me (so she can handle taxes and other things while I'm gone), and I just booked my flight down to Washington D.C. for staging on July 6th.  Staging is the last phase of preparation before heading down to Honduras.  We have a whole afternoon and evening of training and leave for Honduras on the 7th.

Things to look forward to before then:
  • The last day of school!!!
  • Shopping for more things that I need before I leave
  • Dispatch concert in New Jersey next weekend
  • My brother's high school graduation
  • James Taylor concert at Tanglewood on the 4th of July!!!!
Hope everyone's staying cool!  I'm doing my best to get used to the heat because I realized it will be like this all year round when I get to Honduras!

No comments:

Post a Comment